Tuesday, August 21, 2007


I've been on island for more than a month. Time has flown by, but the charm has not worn off (not that I expected it to).

Thought I would share tonight's sunset since I haven't posted for a while. This beach is a few minutes from where I live in North Kihei (which is on the southern side of the island). Just your average, early evening scene on Maui. No quarrels with that.

Will see if I can dig up the NYC equivalent ... I spent many evenings after work, watching the sun set over the Hudson River from a waterfront bar at 105th Street and Riverside Drive, down in Riverside Park. Sure, a whole 4 lane highway separates you from the water there, but it's a nice spot nevertheless. I recall my thoughts travelling to far western destinations (Hawaii???) as I sat there - usually with a cold beer and a book.

Some time later and thousands of miles West, I am starting to adjust well to the island cycle of rising early, with the sun and hitting the sack just as early. Definitely a more natural rhythm than the city's nocturnal tendencies/ seductions.

No comments: